Friday, August 30, 2013

Julio Goes to the Doctor and visits the resident cat.

Julio has been squinting at us with his right eye for about two weeks now.  When I first noticed it, Grandma was sick with diverticulits and we were all paying a lot of time and attention to her.  For a couple of days, I put some antibiotic ointment that Dr. Springer had prescribed for Hank's eye and I wrapped his foot in an old sock so he couldn't mess with it. If I had kept it up we wouldn't have ended up at the vet today. But I didn't and it didn't get better.  So here we are, at Valley Animal Hospital and I'm glad we came.  Dr. Springer, after showing me the scratch on his eye, concocted an eye serum for him and sent us home with it and antibiotic ointment.

Vets and those that work at a vet's office are amazing people.  I heard Julio's name spoken in a playful & loving way more times today than I can count.

Now for the fun part, Julio:
- Wearing your Elizabethian collar all the time for the next week
- A syringe of cold eye serum 3-4 times a day
- Application of eye ointment 3-4 times a day.

Thank You Dr. Springer!




No comments: